Sunday, December 27, 2009

How do I fill a space of similar colors with a gradient with GIMP?

I'm not very good at GIMP, but I'm OK. Say I'm trying to fill a space like I would with the paint bucket fill tool. I want to fill it with a colorful gradient instead of one color or one of those fill patterns. I couldn't find the answer in any of the GIMP help thingys.How do I fill a space of similar colors with a gradient with GIMP?
Well, if you are trying to fill up the whole canvas with the gradient, just select your gradient tool (tap ';L';). If you are trying to get a section of a canvas to be filled with your gradient, just select your select tool





free-form: tap ';F';.


rectangular: tap ';R';


ellipse: tap ';E';.





Make a selection, then fill it with your gradient.How do I fill a space of similar colors with a gradient with GIMP?
-use the fuzzy select tool on the particular space (of SIMILAR colors)


-apply the gradient





Hope this helps!








Feel free to email me if you have questions regarding Gimp


I might help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment