Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do you add a gradient to a brush in Photoshop?

I got all these really cool brushes and gradients, but I can't figure out how to add a gradient to a brush. How do you add a gradient to a brush in Photoshop?
I found this:





Double click on the brush layer to bring up the layer styles palette and click on the words ';gradient overlay';. Then click on the black/white gradient box, choose your gradient, click okay and it will add it to your brush.





Another way is to ctrl-click on the brush layer in the layer palette to select the brush and then use the gradient tool in the toolbar - in the same stack as the paintpot - to do your gradient. This time you choose your gradient by clicking on the gradient box up in the top option bar. With the brush layer selected in the layers palette, click and drag your mouse over the brush and it will take on the gradient.





on another website however I've tried both methods and they don't work for me. You can try them and I hope they help but I don't think they will.How do you add a gradient to a brush in Photoshop?
You can't persay, but you can use the magic wand to select it and use a gradient then by dragging it across the selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment