Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do I paint a gradient on a wall?

I have a design that I wanted replicated on a wall for a business and the background is a light blue to dark blue to light blue gradient. How would I go about painting this on the wall?How do I paint a gradient on a wall?
I would suggest painting it half dark-blue and half light-blue, then dip a large sponge in the dark-blue paint and dab it on the light-blue part of the wall, starting at the edge where the two colors meet and using less paint as you work farther away from the edge. Same thing with the light-blue paint onto the dark-blue part of the wall. Otherwise, you could get a professional spray-painter to do it for you.How do I paint a gradient on a wall?
experiment. try making a cut-out of the design... use the piece of paper that has the big hole that is your design. use artist tape and tape it to another piece of paper or a wall....make sure the entire piece is taped smoothly. then to make a gradient you start with white paint....on a mixing tray or a plate mix in the smallest amount of blue that you can actually see on your brush. apply to surface. repeat until you are at the orginal shade. try mixing the paints first and make a few practice gradients. Artists work hard to master this. it takes a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment